Tuesday, August 16, 2005

What Is This Man Doing?

Does anyone know what this man is doing? What kind of equipment is that?

Several posters agree that this is some type of photo shoot. The camera on the tripod is a large format type, possibly a Graflex 4x5. The case for the camera as well as the sheet fim holder case can be seen on the table.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like a dedicated photographer, doing what it takes to get the shot of the switchboard girl (and probably a date with her to boot)...looks like a large format camera, maybe 4x5 on a tripod...

9:33 AM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Ookpik said...

Thanks! I assumed it was some type of photography session but didn't know if it was for still photographs or movies.

2:17 PM, August 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those appear to be belts on the wall...

5:20 PM, June 23, 2006  
Anonymous Steven said...

Definitely a still photo shoot. It's hard to tell from the camera's silhouette, but I believe the camera is a Grapflex 4x5, often used by photojournalists due to its faster film changing. In the foreground, you can see the case for the camera as well as the sheet film holder case.
This also appears to be strobe shoot, rather than a tungsten hot light.
This appears to be taking place in a classroom, so I'm guessing a college catalog shoot?

12:20 AM, January 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home